Our client is a leading manufacturer of underwater detection systems. They’re now looking for an Offshore Field Engineer to join their existing team in Yateley, Hampshire.
SALARY CIRCA £32,000 + ALLOWANCES FOR BEING OFFSHORE, PROFIT RELATED BONUS SCHEME, LIFE ASSURANCE, UNIFORM PROVIDED, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 BANK HOLIDAYS + OTHER BENEFITS.
Please note this role involves extensive offshore travel therefore you must be flexible to travel at short notice and have the flexibility to be away from home up to 100 days per year. You will also have to undergo some offshore certificates including medical and survival certificates
Offshore Field Engineer Responsibilities:
- Install, commission, service and repair the full range of products on customer premises, rigs, vessels and dockyards worldwide.
- Ensure that all health & safety is followed and that all provisions are adhered to in line with company standards.
- Manage all customer relationships through detailed updates of work carried out, comprehensive customer familiarization with product/equipment and timely escalation and detailed descriptions of product, system and customer problems routed through the Customer Service / Operations team.
Offshore Field Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong electrical / electronics’ engineering background and be NVQ Level 3 qualified or equivalent.
- Understanding of acoustic principles.
- You must be flexible with regards to travel which may also be at short notice.
- Product training and offshore install training.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
Offshore Field Engineer Benefits:
- Circa £32,000 annual salary, OTE £50,000 - £53,000.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
- Time off in lieu for any weekends worked when away from home.
- Offshore allowances – up to £170 per day extra for being offshore.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme, life assurance, profit related bonus and other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.