Do you have Fire and Smoke Damper engineering experience within the fire and security industry? Are you looking for a new role? Due to company expansion, our client is recruiting for a Fire & Smoke Damper Maintenance Technician in the Harrogate or close surrounding areas. The role is covering nationwide, therefore candidates must be flexible towards extensive travel and overnight stays. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo DBS clearance.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE, COMPANY VAN, MOBILE PHONE, PDA/TABLET, UNIFORM AND PPE PROVIDED, PENSION SCHEME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS.
Fire & Smoke Damper Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Undertake all types of maintenance, repair, commissioning and service support to a range of smoke/fire dampers.
- Have a working knowledge of the statutory requirements around fire dampers and BS9999:2017, BESA DW145, and the Regulatory Reform (fire safety) Order 2005.
- Identify faults and report findings.
- Install and replace all types of fire and smoke damper equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or other instructions.
- Read and interpret technical drawings.
- Inspect facilities on sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards.
- Prepare technical or operational reports when requested.
- Ensure the recording of all maintenance works when completed are posted through the appropriate, equipment, systems and documentation as required by the Company Management System including statutory documentation.
- Undertake works to the required standard and in line with any documentation provided.
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts.
- Able to carry out functions in an organised and logical manner with a flexible ‘can do’ approach.
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
Fire & Smoke Damper Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience of working as a Fire Protection/Damper Engineer.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical fire systems design and industry regulations.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- IT literate.
- Hold full UK driving licence.
- Hold PASMA and IPAF.
Fire & Smoke Damper Maintenance Technician Benefits:
- £Negotiable salary.
- Monday – Friday – 40 hours per week.
- Company van, mobile phone, tablet/PDA, uniform, PPE.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 statutory days
- Opportunity to join an established company and work in a challenging and varied environment.