Our client is a leading specialist provider of bespoke engineering solutions to their clients including the UK MOD. They now have a vacancy for an Ex-Military Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will work remotely from home and will attend customer sites conducting integration, testing and verification of bespoke systems. When working on site all travel and subsistence expenses will be paid for by the company.
This is an opportunity to join a company where the majority of employees are ex-military and your skills and abilities are valued. If you are an ex-military engineer with a background in Communications – Radio/Satellite, Avionics/Electronics Engineering, this could be the ideal position for you. Please note due to the nature of the role candidates will either hold DV clearance or be willing to undertake this.
Ex-Military Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assist in producing test processes for newly integrated specialist equipment.
- Complete verification and validation testing on specialist equipment.
- Operate specialist equipment during flight trials as part of the verification and validation testing.
- Assist in the production of test reports for delivery to our customers.
- Note – there is the requirement to travel to customer sites and you will need to use your own vehicle (mileage will be expensed).
Ex-Military Engineer Requirements:
- Candidates will ideally have a background in either Communications or Avionic Engineering.
- Hold an electronic/communications engineering qualification to a minimum of Level 3.
- Be able to demonstrate a working technical knowledge of any of the following: Communications – Radio/Satellite, Engineering – Avionics/Electronics, IT – Networks.
- IT literate with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications.
- Hold a full clean driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Hold a security clearance level of Developed Vetting or be capable of achieving this.
Ex-Military Engineer Benefits:
- Starting salary is £45,000 – reviewed after 6 months probation.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Mileage, accommodation and expenses when travelling and staying away from home.
- Mobile phone and laptop.