Are you an ex-military Electrical Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a well-known local company that will value your skills and experience? Do you want to work where there is variety and no one day is the same?
Our client based in Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire now have an immediate requirement for a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join their existing team.
£33,000 – £36,000 ANNUAL SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 6-2 AND 2-10 WITH 4 HOURS OVERTIME EVERY OTHER SATURDAY, MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORKING WEEKENDS AND COVERING ABSENCES, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 BANK HOLIDAYS, COMPANY PENSION, HEALTHCARE + OTHER BENEFITS TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW STAGE
Shift Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
– Responsible for working as part of a team of Engineers delivering planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the busy food production environment.
– You will be responsible for working on a variety of food production machinery including the building services across the factory and offices.
– Attend breakdowns and carry out work in a timely and efficient manner to ensure minimum downtime.
– Ensure the routine maintenance schedules from the manager are carried our as well as annual service and calibrations
– Adhering to all health and safety regulations associated with the equipment and the site.
– Complete maintenance logs, write reports on defects.
Shift Maintenance Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– You must have a strong Electrical Engineering background with a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
– Also some mechanical knowledge is essential but must have an electrical bias.
– Flexible with regards to learning new machinery.
– Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
– Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Shift Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
– £33,000 – £36,000 annual salary.
– Please note this is a support role so shifts will vary – 6-2 and 2-10 with 4 hours overtime every other Saturday. You must be flexible with regards to working weekends, additional overtime / allowances will be paid.
– 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
– Company pension scheme plus healthcare and other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force and have an Electrical Engineering background i.e Marine Engineer, Aircraft Engineer or similar.