Our client is a leading provider of engineering technology nationwide. Due to continued expansion they now have the requirement for a Service Engineer to join their team. The candidate will ideally be based in Gloucester or the close surrounding area and will travel to customers throughout Gloucestershire and South Wales carrying out the service, maintenance and repair of the company’s range of specialist equipment.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY, 40 HOUR WORKING WEEK, OVERTIME PAYABLE. COMPANY VEHICLE, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, LOYALTY BONUS FOR SERVICE (AFTER 2 YEARS). FULL PRODUCT AND SPECIALIST TRAINING PROVIDED. FAMILY RUN COMPANY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH.
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Travel to customer sites and carry out the service and maintenance of company equipment.
– Respond to reactive breakdowns and carry out fault finding and diagnostics, ensuring equipment is fixed in a timely manner.
– Prepare and write reports on jobs and complete maintenance schedules.
– Liaise with customers regarding progress of work.
– Liaise with other engineers and management, reporting back to the office update on progress.
– Please note during your first 3 months whilst training you will spend a lot of time away from home Monday – Friday. There will also be a requirement to cover other areas during busy periods or staff absence.
Service Engineer Requirements:
– Strong electrical engineering background with a relevant qualification to City & Guilds/NVQ/HNC level.
– Mechanical engineering knowledge.
– Ability to work with single phase and 3 phase systems.
– Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills with the ability to read electrical engineering schematics.
– Flexible approach to some Saturday working and occasional overnight stays.
– IT literate.
– Hold full clean driving licence.
– Must have own hand tools.
NOTE – My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.