Our client provides total facilities management solutions to several private and public industry sectors throughout the majority of the UK. Due to a recent management restructure, they are now recruiting for a Head of Technical Services to join their management team. The successful Head of Technical Services will hold accountability for the daily management of the reactive repair and planned maintenance programmes along with the delivery of project management services across the company’s site portfolio. Although the position is based from home, extensive travel to the company sites is required. Candidates living in or close to the following locations are of interest, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Leeds, York, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Peterborough.
This is an exciting position which has been newly created within the business offering an attractive salary and benefits package. Interested candidate are encouraged to apply.
Head of Technical Services Responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire, motivate and mentor site based maintenance and project management teams on industry best practice and regulatory compliance.
- Delivery of a customer focused M & E technical services operation across the company site portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety and all building and property related legislation including, but not limited to electrical, fire, lifts, water, asbestos, gas and HTMs.
- Lead on the technical support of the company maintenance services liaising with key stakeholders internally and externally in order to ensure delivery of efficient and effective services as well as continuity of service.
- Conduct quality audits of PPM systems, including relevance of PPM regime and schedule and accurate reflection of statutory requirements.
- Develop and ensure site conformance with documented PPM processes (inclusive of CAFM literacy).
- Creation and ongoing delivery of site standards audit schedule (M & E, building fabric).
- Compile monthly PPM and reactive maintenance reports for the Senior Management Team and execute assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Overall responsibility for CAFM data accuracy (in conjunction with site teams) and the maintenance, review and update of asset data and records.
- Oversee and ensure timely preparation, costing, approval and delivery of lifecycle and project plans in line with 1-5 year lifecycle plans, ensuring correlation to PPM schedule.
Head of Technical Services Requirements:
- Must hold a relevant engineering qualification.
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate of equivalent.
- Proven experience within a similar role in FM.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Experience of CAFM systems and associated PPM and SFG20 regimes.
- IT literate – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Hold a full driving licence.
Head of Technical Services Benefits:
- Attractive Salary.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours.
- Car allowance or company car.
- Company pension scheme.
- Death in service cover.
- Permanent Health Insurance cover (critical illness cover).
- Private Health cover – including family members.