Our client provides total facilities management solutions within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Contract Manager (Hard FM) to join their team at their site in Walsall. The successful Contracts Manager will assume operational responsibility for the provision of contracted FM services to the site. Due to the nature of the role and contract, candidates must be flexible and willing to travel.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, COMPANY CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, HEALTH CARE, DEATH IN SERVICE, 10% PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Contract Manager (Hard FM) Responsibilities:
– Manage the delivered services for the sites.
– Effectively manage site teams in their duties to ensure contractual, statutory and QMS compliance for the facilities management services.
– Ensure that the services are delivered within budgetary requirements and profitability improved year on year.
– Resolve with the site team any failings of PPM, which require addressing.
– Ensure the PPM Management System (Planet) is maintained and updated to reflect any changes.
– Carry out quality audit of all services delivered to site – implementing corrective action plan as required.
– Carry out Statutory Compliance Reviews as directed by the COO.
– Provide support and advice to on-site operational teams, including management of PPM and reactive tasks.
– Consistently deliver demonstrable high-quality services to our Service Users.
– Ensure the appropriate level of authorised personnel to meet the demands of the contract.
– Assist Senior Managers with the co-ordination of Service Contracts for the site to ensure value for money along with regulatory, statutory and contractual obligations.
– Effectively manage the various service teams on site to ensure cost effective delivery of service and implement cost efficiencies where possible.
– Draft and manage site operational budgets, offering cost efficiencies and increased profitability where possible.
– Understand expenditure allocation and ensure invoices/works are correctly apportioned.
– Manage reports from Helpdesk and report/act on their results.
– Regular liaison with site occupiers/Service User.
– Report any issue immediately that may affect the Service User/service of the site.
– Take an active role in resolving contractual disputes and in negotiating solutions.
– Ensure set deadlines, reporting/financial etc. are achieved.
– Carry out regular performance reviews of site staff, implementing development/corrective plans as required.
– Ensure PPM system operationally ‘performs’ as per the requirements of the site and the site is maintained and serviced to the correct standard to maintain asset value and statutory compliance.
– Ensure that all on site activities are correctly managed and controlled to ensure zero unplanned downtime to either Service User or business operations.
Contract Manager (Hard FM) Requirements:
– The successful candidate will hold electrical or mechanical qualifications.
– Proven experience within a similar role.
– Hold NEBOSH General Certificate is essential.
– Level 4 FM qualification would be advantageous.
– Extensive knowledge of management of all associated hard service provisions.
– Experience of managing budgets.
– Experience of managing multiple sites.
– Ability to lead and manage people toward achieving goals.
– IT literate – Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Hold full driving licence.
Contract Manager (Hard FM) Benefits:
– £Competitive annual salary.
– Company car or car allowance.
– Pension scheme, healthcare, death in service, 10% performance incentive.
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.