My client is a successful engineering company based in Heywood, Lancashire. They now have an immediate requirement for a Storesperson to join their team at their site.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 5PM, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + 8 BANK HOLIDAYS, LOYALTY BONUS FOR SERVICE (AFTER 2 YEARS), OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FAMILY RUN COMPANY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the company stock is received.
- Record receipt of goods-in on the company system.
- Movement of parts ensuring they are stored safely and efficiently.
- Liaise with suppliers on the delivery of goods ensuring they are received within specified timescales.
- Liaise with internal departments on ordering of spares and equipment.
- Arrange the shipment of goods out including courier and postal charges and record on the company system.
- Complete regular checks of stock ensuring levels are maintained.
- Must have previous relevant experience of working in a stores/warehouse environment ideally within engineering.
- IT literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong administration skills.
- Ability to carry and move equipment.
- Forklift truck training will be provided.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force. If you have a stores / warehouse / logistics background.