My client currently has an opening for a Service Engineer to join their team at their site in Nottingham. The successful candidate will assist in the build, operation, test and support of the company’s bespoke products. Please note due to the nature of the role you must be willing to undertake and pass Security Clearance. Although the role is predominantly based in Nottingham, there will be the requirement to travel and work in the UK as well as overseas for short periods.
NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 40 HOURS PER WEEK, PENSION SCHEME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, REGULAR TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROVIDED.
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Assist with the test, installation, commissioning and support of new products.
– Uploading and simple programming of PLC firmware.
– Installation, configuration, application loading of PC operating systems.
– Installation and commissioning of mechanical systems.
– Provide remote support to customers and engineers both in the UK and overseas.
Service Engineer Requirements:
– Proven multi-skilled Electrical/Electronic bias with relevant engineering qualification.
– Ideally have experience of carrying out PPM and corrective maintenance of imaging systems.
– Sound electrical and electronic fault-finding skills.
– Logical problem solver with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Must be able to travel freely within Europe and the USA.
– Able to gain security clearance.
– Full driving licence.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME Electronics), Navy (Weapons) or Royal Air Force (RAF/Avionics), especially those with an electrical/electronic bias and IT skills.