Are you an ex Royal Navy or Merchant Navy engineer and looking for an opportunity within the Marine/Offshore sector? Our client is a leading manufacturer of equipment used in the marine sector. Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Service Engineer to be based at their site in Redhill, Surrey. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out installation, commissioning, service maintenance and repair of the company’s range of equipment. Although the role is predominantly based at Redhill, there is the requirement to travel extensively in the UK and overseas, therefore candidates must be flexible with regards to overnight stays which could be a few times per month.
COMPETITIVE SALARY OFFERED, COMPANY VEHICLE OR ALLOWANCE, ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS EXPENSED WHEN WORKING AWAY FROM HOME, OVERNIGHT ALLOWANCES PAID, OVERTIME FOR WORKING WEEKENDS, STAKEHOLDER PENSION SCHEME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Travel to customer sites and carry out installation and commissioning of the company’s equipment.
– Support customers with service and repair of equipment.
– You will be working on analysing equipment, analogue and digital signals and monitoring equipment within the marine sector.
– Report back to office via telephone and keep informed with the progress.
– When not travelling, you will provide remote support to customers from the Redhill office and assist the R&D and calibration team with engineering works.
Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must have a strong engineering background mechanical/marine with experience of working within engine rooms onboard marine vessels.
– You must be able to identify PCB faults and carry out swap outs.
– Ideally you will have a marine or weapons engineering background.
– Enjoy problem solving.
– Flexible with regards to overnight stays and travel within the UK and overseas (mainly Europe).
– Full UK driving licence.
– Hold a valid UK passport.