Our client is a leading solutions provider in the field of Communications. They are now looking for a Radio System Maintenance Engineer to join their team at their site in London. Reporting to the Projects Delivery Manager the successful Radio System Maintenance Engineer will provide maintenance of the company equipment at customer sites. You will also be responsible for carrying out site surveys and producing reports. Due to the nature of the role, although predominantly you will be based around London, there will also be a requirement to travel to other sites throughout the UK, therefore candidates must be flexible.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, COMPANY VAN, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, UNIFORM AND PPE PROVIDED, PENSION SCHEME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY RISING WITH SERVICE TO 25 DAYS + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Radio System Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
– Carry out pro-active and re-active maintenance activities on radio and PA systems in relation to ongoing maintenance contracts in the London area; including 24 hours standby service on a callout rota basis.
– Supervise and execute radio system testing activities during preventative maintenance testing to confirm the correct operation of the radio system.
– Have an understanding of radio system drawings and technical documentation to assist with fault finding procedures; as well as from time to time for the internal and external delivery of projects and be able to modify/correct as required if remedial corrective work needs to be carried out
– Perform site works for the survey, installation, commissioning and upgrade of customer infrastructure radio systems.
– Regularly report maintenance related activities and contribute to risk analysis for bids and projects.
Radio System Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
– Hold a relevant engineering qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering – preferred.
– Experience and detailed knowledge of the deployment of private mobile radio solutions including Tetra, DMR, MTP1327, analogue.
– Knowledge of TCP/IP routing.
– Knowledge of GSM, VoIP, fixed line comms and microwave solutions.
– Installation and maintenance of radio systems infrastructure including experience in Radio Frequency (RF) design, programming of radio terminals and base station technology.
– Flexible approach to travel and participating in the on call rota (currently 1 in 4).
– Hold full clean driving licence.
Radio System Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 5pm.
– On call allowance – 1 in 4 call out rota.
– Company van, mobile phone, laptop, uniform and PPE provided.
– Pension scheme.
– Opportunity to join an established company and work in a challenging and varied environment.