Are you an Ex-Military engineer? Are you looking to secure a role with a successful business who employ ex-military candidates and understand your transferrable skills? Our client is recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer in Glastonbury. You will deal with mechanical and electrical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a warehouse environment which operates 24/7.
SALARY IS £34,975 PLUS £5,000 SHIFT ALLOWANCE, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
– Provide breakdown and maintenance support to a wide range of electro-mechanical systems including shuttle and conveyor systems, complex automation and IT interface.
– Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
– Electrical fault-finding.
– Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and address any concerns.
– Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
– Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
– Provide performance in terms of achieving output, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
– Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings.
– Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment.
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Requirements:
– Candidate must hold a relevant recognised engineering qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
– Multi-skilled engineering background (Mechanical Bias with electrical knowledge/skills).
– Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
– Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
– Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous.
– Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
– Infrequent travel to Austria for product training.
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Benefits:
– Salary £34,975 plus £5,000 Shift Allowance.
– Shift Pattern: Days and nights (6am – 6pm/6pm – 6am) on a rotating fortnightly rota.
– Pension scheme.
– Healthcare plan.
– Uniform and PPE provided.
– Structured Training programme.
– Opportunity to join a well-established company.