Are you interested in a career in Facilities Management.? Do you have a mechanical engineering background with experience of working with commercial heating/ventilation systems with recognised mechanical qualifications? Due to business growth, my client has an opportunity for a Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join their team at their site in Walsall. Please note, although the position will be predominantly based in Walsall, candidates must be willing to travel to other sites in the Midlands when required with use of the company van. Candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS £COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, 22 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Mechanical Building Services Engineer Responsibilities:
– Provide building services support to the sites.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules using a handheld PDA.
– Undertake mechanical repairs and installations as the need arises.
– Undertake general maintenance repairs within capability; heating, plumbing and general building emergency repairs.
– Ensure that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
– Travel to other sites in the UK when required.
– Participate in the call out rota.
Mechanical Building Services Engineer Requirements:
– Hold a Mechanical engineering qualification.
– Experience with commercial heating and air conditioning.
– Proven background within a similar environment.
– Customer focused approach and the ability to liaise with people at all levels
– Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
– Flexible approach to travel, which may involve some overnight stays and requirement.
– Able to participate in call out rotas.
– IT literate.
– Hold full driving licence.
– Hold F-Gas (2079) qualification.
Mechanical Building Services Engineer Benefits:
– Salary £Competitive.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours per week.
– Callout allowance.
– Pension Scheme.
– 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
– Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.