Our client operates an established production facility in Grangemill, Derbyshire. They now have a requirement for a Maintenance Engineer with a multi-skilled background to join their team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for planned preventative maintenance and reactive breakdown tasks to production machinery and plant equipment. Please note this is a Shift role, therefore candidates must be flexible in their approach to early, late and night shift working.
- Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Respond to breakdowns, carrying out fault finding and diagnostics to the plant and machinery.
- Carry out planned maintenance and identify continuous improvements to increase equipment efficiency.
- Resolving equipment failures and carrying out planned and unplanned engineering tasks in a responsive and effective manner.
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Have completed a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship to minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Hold ONC or NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical or Production Engineering.
- Multi-skilled with credible mechanical and electrical experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Some formal electrical training or willingness to attend an Electrical Maintenance training course and to further develop electrical skills.
- Experience of fault finding and diagnostics.
- Experience of pneumatics, hydraulics and process control systems.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- Starting Salary £32,947 rising to £36,000 after training.
- 24 days holiday rising to 26 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.