My client has an immediate requirement for a Lifting Equipment Engineer to join their team at their site in Leicester. The successful candidate will carry out the installation, maintenance, inspection and testing of a range of lifting equipment within the workshop and at client sites mainly throughout the Leicestershire area. This is a challenging role which will offer the successful Lifting Equipment Engineer variety in their daily responsibilities.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE. MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8AM – 5PM, FRIDAY 8AM – 1PM. OVERTIME PAYABLE, MOBILE PHONE, UNIFORM & PPE PROVIDED. PENSION SCHEME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS.
Lifting Equipment Engineer Responsibilities:
– Service and maintenance of a range of lifting equipment within the workshop and at client sites.
– Carry out regular inspection and certification of lifting equipment to LOLER regs as and when required.
– Produce written reports.
– Deal with customer enquiries regarding the repair and installation of new equipment, including providing costings and raising quotations.
– Installation of light crane systems.
Lifting Equipment Engineer Requirements:
– Must have an electrical qualification and be familiar with electric hoists and overhead cranes.
– Proven experience in the servicing, maintenance and inspection of lifting equipment.
– Knowledge of LOLER and PUWER standards – training will be given.
– Hold full clean driving licence.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army (REME) and Royal Air Force, particularly those with electrical skills and experience of working with lifting equipment.