Our client has an immediate requirement at their site in Hayes, Middlesex for an IT Technician to join their team. The successful IT Technician will provide 1st/2nd line support to all users on site ensuring all IT services are maintained and fully operational. Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be willing to undertake DBS clearance.
£35,025 – £37,117 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 4PM, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME.
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st/2nd line IT support for users across the site.
- Key contact onsite for external ICT, phone and copier support contracts.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring the 8 on-site servers are maintained by contractors and deal with any end-user support requirements.
- Ensure that ICT equipment is readily available and set up as required.
- Ensure that asset lists are managed and maintained to accurately reflect the equipment onsite.
- Assist in the development of IT policies and ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g., Data Protection Act).
- Ensure resources for the equipment are always ready and supplies do not run out.
- Provide expert knowledge about the resources onsite.
- Deliver training and support for users all elements of IT and specialist equipment.
IT Technician Requirements:
- You will hold relevant professional ICT qualifications.
- Experience of undertaking ICT projects.
- Proven ability to provide 1st/2nd line IT support.Good problem-solving skills with the ability to work on own initiative under pressure.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and have a strong IT support background.