Are you an ex-military engineer with an IT Engineering background? If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this position could be ideal for you. The position is based at Heathrow and working as part of a team you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance, minor works and installations to the company IT and radio equipment. Candidates wishing to apply must be able to undertake security clearance as you will need an airside pass.
NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY RISING TO 25 DAYS WITH SERVICE PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
IT Engineer Responsibilities:
– Carry out 2nd line remedial maintenance, respond to customer incidents and ensure they are resolved within the required timescale.
– Design and build bespoke technical solutions.
– Carry out scheduled preventative maintenance and installations as required.
– Design and implementation of wireless telecommunications systems.
– Network planning, prediction and optimization of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
– Take part in an on call rota when required.
IT Engineer Requirements:
– Must have proven experience of carrying out fault finding and diagnosis of IT software and networks.
– Ideally hold certificate of CompTIA A+ and Network + qualifications.
– Knowledge of TCP/IP Stack.
– Knowledge of VOIP/SIP systems.
– Cellular / Wi-Fi knowledge.
– Experience in database management and networking topologies.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from both commercial and ex-military candidates, Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force with IT Engineering backgrounds.