Are you leaving the military with an ambition to pursue a career in Health & Safety? Do you have a demonstrable Health and Safety management background? This could be the ideal job for you. Our client is a leading solutions provider within the field of Communications. Due to continued expansion, they are now recruiting for a HSE Manager to join their team at their site at Heathrow, Middlesex.
Reporting to the Head of Operations Support, the HSE Manager will ensure that Health & Safety and Environmental standards are upheld throughout all business areas. The position will be predominantly based at Heathrow, however there will be the requirement to travel occasionally to other sites in the UK. Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be willing to undertake security clearance.
This is a fantastic position with a reputable and established business with the opportunity for career progression. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
HSE Manager Responsibilities:
- Improve performance, compliance culture and overall safety through the implementation of health and safety & Environmental management systems, including ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and other current standards and legislation.
- Carry out safety risk assessments prior to starting a new project, ensuring safe installation of equipment and overseeing external contractors.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- Owner of Carbon Net Zero Plan, updating records accordingly, promote and lead the net zero campaign and be an advocate of Carbon Reduction initiatives.
- Conduct in-house training sessions on health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Conduct investigations to discover the root cause of compliance problems when they arise.
- Remote site visits attending monthly meetings with stakeholders. Discuss actions with stakeholders and ensure documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Raise non-conformance, recommendations for improvement and observations to the relevant manager and resolve in a timely manner.
HSE Manager Requirements:
- Proven background and experience within a Health & Safety management position.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the 14001 Standard (Internal Auditor) or an environmental qualification.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessments and method statements.
- Hold IOSH managing safely.
- IT literate – MS Office.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
- Hold SMSTS – advantageous.
- Hold current SC clearance – advantageous.
HSE Manager Benefits:
- Salary is £45,000 – £50,000.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours.
- Hybrid working.
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays rising with service up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join an established company and work in a challenging and varied environment.