Our client has an immediate requirement for a Field Service Engineer to join their existing team in Dudley, West Midlands. The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting customer sites around the West Midlands to carry out service and repairs to electro-mechanical equipment.
This is an opportunity to join a family orientated business where they are constantly expanding, in return for the hard work of the engineers they are repaid with remuneration, commission and flexibility in the hours.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing service, maintenance and repairs to a variety of electro-mechanical equipment used within the food production sector.
- You will work on bandsaws, cutters, vacuum packaging machinery and electronic weighing scale machinery.
- The role will also involve some programming and data entry associated with the scales – training will be given.
- Update maintenance and service logs on customer sites.
- Advise customers on upgrades / new machinery (commission can be earned for selling products).
- Provide customer training when needed.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- You must hold a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Engineering.
- The successful candidate must come from a mechanical or electrical/electronic background.
- Experience of working with pumps and 3 phase electrics would be ideal.
- Full training on the companies’ equipment will be provided so you must have a good attitude and the willingness to learn.
- It is essential that you hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
- Salary is £30,000 which will be reviewed after 3 months.
- Commission scheme.
- Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm (Flexible working hours)
- Company van.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force engineering backgrounds.