Our client is recruiting for a Field Installation & Maintenance Technician and are particularly interested in an ex- military engineer with a background in Communications or Electronics. The successful Field Installation & Maintenance Technician will live in the Loughborough or close surrounding area and will be responsible for travelling to customer sites throughout the UK. Please note candidates must be flexible in their approach to work as you will travel and stay away from home on a regular basis. NOTE – candidates must be willing to work outside and at height.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY RISING WITH SERVICE UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 27 DAYS PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, PPE, ALLOWANCES WHEN STAYING AWAY FROM HOME OVERNIGHT, PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS.
Field Installation & Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
– Travel extensively in the UK involving frequent overnight stays.
– Perform on-site maintenance and fault diagnosis on environmental monitoring systems and sensors.
– Perform on site installation of equipment including tower erection, bracket assembly, wiring (including armoured cable termination), working with conduit (both underground and surface mounted) and occasionally small scales civils work for pole / cabinet installations.
– Perform installation services for dataloggers, software, communication methods and protocols.
– Troubleshoot a variety of communications methods and protocols such as ethernet, serial, cellular and radio.
– Build equipment according to instructions, follow installation notes and read and interpret wiring diagrams.
– Train customers in order to be able to operate and\or identify and interpret data from a sensor or system.
– Liaise with technical support team and customers in order to ensure each on-site visit is effectively planned and prepared for in advance.
Field Installation & Maintenance Technician Requirements:
– Electronic or Communications engineering bias with relevant qualifications to a minimum of Level 3.
– 18th Edition or Level 3 award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical installations – desirable.
– Proven technical background with experience of working with communication and networking protocols.
– Flexible approach to travel and staying away from home on a regular basis.
– Able to work confidently and safely at height.
– IT Literate
– Full Driving Licence.
Field Installation & Maintenance Technician Benefits:
– Competitive Salary.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours, although you will be required to work weekends occasionally (overtime or time of in lieu will be paid).
– 23 days holiday rising with service to a maximum of 27 days plus bank holidays.
– Accommodation and travel expensed.
– Allowances for staying away from home overnight paid.
– Pool vehicle for travel, mobile phone, laptop, PPE and tools provided.
– Pension Scheme.
– Performance related bonus.