My client is currently recruiting at their power plant in Hull for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for Environmental and Health & Safety Management systems at the plant ensuring compliance with all statutory, corporate requirements and industry best practice.
NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY INCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS, PRIVATE HEALTHCARE, LIFE INSURANCE, INCOME PROTECTION, PENSION SCHEME, ANNUAL COMPANY DISCRETIONARY BONUS.
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the formulation, development and implementation of the plants Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems, policy, targets & strategy.
– Investigate and report the root causes of accident and incidents and where appropriate identify and instigate any corrective actions or control measures.
– Support and provide technical guidance to other departments on Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
– Monitor contractors working onsite ensuring that all relevant site and corporate Environmental, Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, in accordance with risk assessments, method statements, safety data sheets, COSHH assessments, lifting plans, hot work certificates, etc.
– Nominated management representative as defined in ISO 14001 & 18001 Standards.
– Take the lead in collating data and producing reports for all Environmental, Health & Safety matters.
– Responsible for ensuring that developments in Environmental, Health & Safety legislation, regulation, issues and concerns relevant to the station are monitored, evaluated, communicated and included where necessary into management systems.
– Manage key Environmental, Health & Safety processes including reporting, audits, compliance (EA, EUETS, OMA, ISO, internal, etc.)
– Management of appropriate budgets, including waste; PPE; health, safety & environmental consultants
– Management of projects where the main driver is Environmental, Health & Safety, liaise with disciplines as required.
– Support and assist in the training of teams on Environmental, Health & Safety.
– Deputy responsible person for the management of Legionella in site water systems, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, H&S guidance documents and ACOPs.
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Requirements:
– Specialist qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety Management/Audit Systems (minimum diploma level).
– Proven experience within a large industrial process environment, preferably within the power industry.
– Experience of budgets and audits.
– Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant Environmental, Health & Safety legislation.
– Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems, emissions monitoring, calculating and reporting, safe working practices, risk assessment, method statements, SDS, COSHH, PUWER, LOLER etc.
– Good working knowledge of PI process book and data link advantageous.
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Benefits:
– Negotiable salary depending on experience.
– 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
– Private Health Care, Private Dental Care, Life Insurance, Income Protection and Pension Scheme.
– Gym Membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, EV Car Scheme.
– Company Bonus Scheme.