My client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Building Services Engineer at their site in Gravesend, Kent. Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undergo CRB checks.
NEGOTIABLE SALARY, MONDAY – FRIDAY 37½ HOURS, ON CALL ALLOWANCE (1 IN 4), 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Building Services Engineer Responsibilities:
– Carry out skilled maintenance work and minor repairs.
– Assist with maintenance duties such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors etc.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules.
– Participate in an on-call rota, every 1 in 4 weeks.
Building Services Engineer Requirements:
– The candidate will hold an electrical or mechanical qualification.
– Previous relevant experience of maintenance and repairs within a facilities/building services environment.
– Familiar with Service Level Agreement and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
– Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
– Excellent team working skills with the ability to motivate others
– Flexible approach to working hours – able to participate in a 1 in 4 on call rota.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from both commercial and ex-military candidates, Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force.