Top 10 reasons
TOP 10 REASONS WHY AN EX-MILITARY ENGINEER CAN SOLVE YOUR RECRUITMENT CHALLENGE
Author: Adrian Cheesman, Managing Director, Demob Job Ltd
THIS IS A DRAFT PAGE
These are the TOP 10 reasons why UK employers should consider ex-military personnel:
- A unique pool of talent. We all know that the search for finding engineering and technical talent is becoming harder and harder. With unemployment so low and the competition to recruit the very best talent becoming more and more competitive it makes sense to consider other candidate communities.
- Transferable skills. An ex-military candidate has the ability to adapt their current skills to new equipment and processes; they might not be familiar with your equipment, but they certainly have the ability to quickly learn and adapt.
- Highly Trained. The Armed Forces; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force train personnel to the highest standards with one of the UK’s largest and most prestigious organisations.
- Highly Qualified. Personnel leaving their Armed Forces career possess qualifications UK employers recognise including NVQs, HNC/HND, degrees and specific trade qualifications.
- Invaluable Work Ethic. Ex-military candidates have a strong work ethic, bringing the values and ethics taught from their military training to the commercial workplace.
- Adaptable. Ex-military candidates are renowned for working under pressure and reacting calmly to changes whilst focusing on the task at hand.
- Honest, reliable and dependable. Being honest, reliable and dependable is ingrained in ex-military candidates from day one of their uniformed career.
- Can do attitude. An ex-military candidate will typically have that ‘can do’ attitude where it is all about ‘solving the problem’ and not just walking away with an excuse. This is a very powerful attribute to possess within a commercial environment.
- Flexibility. A military career is not a 9 to 5 job; they are used to working flexible hours.
- Access to funding for training. With access to grants and funding through the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits scheme (ELC) many ex-military candidates can obtain the necessary supporting qualifications needed to support their future commercial career.
Want to find out more?
If your company would like to explore the ex-military skill sets which would be an ideal match for your business, please contact the team here at Demob Job on 0333 3445577