Telecommunications and IT; Matching ex-Military Profiles
Telecommunications & IT; ex-Military Profiles
The ability for our Armed Forces to communicate is essential. Technology ranges from small personal radios right through to satellite communications. All three services employ personnel to operate and maintain their communication networks so if your company is looking to recruit highly skilled and trained engineers who possess the drive, experience and ambition to succeed you have arrived in the right place.
Military Skills Match
- Royal Air Force - ICT Technician, Cyberspace Communications Specialist, Communications Infrastructure Technician
- Royal Signals – Communication Systems Engineer, Communications Systems Operator, Installation Technician
- Royal Navy – CIS Specialist, Communications Technician
Commercially recognised qualifications gained by military Telecommunications and Information Technology (IT) professionals include:
- BTEC/NVQ/HNC/HND/Degree Telecommunications, Communication Systems Engineering, Extended Diploma in IT, IT & Telecommunications Systems
- ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
- CompTIA Security +
- City & Guilds Designing and Planning Networks, Fibre Optic Cabling in an external and external environment, Communications Cabling, Communication Technologies.
- CMI NVQ Certificate in Management
Telecommunications Surveyor, Nottingham – Ex Royal Signals Communication Systems Operator with transferrable skills including; hands-on experience with mobile, satellite, ground communications. Experience of surveying site locations and setting up mobile telecommunications networks. Worked with LAN, WAN, VHF, UHF, RF, 2G, 3G and 4G networks.
IT Engineer, Liverpool – Ex Royal Air ICT Technician with transferrable skills including; fault diagnosis and rectification at a component level. IT & telephone network configuration. Responsible for upgrades and installation programmes including all telephony, WLAN, WAN and secure systems.
Are you recruiting?
What do our clients say about us?
Please thank everyone at Demob for all their invaluable help this year and wish them all a Very Merry Christmas
The interviews went very well. All on time. All the guys interviewed really well and they met our brief with regard to “job fit” so that was spot on – thank you. We have the difficult task of selecting one as all are suitable. To be honest I’ve thought about firing myself to make room. We plan to meet internally soon and make our decision promptly. Hopefully by tomorrow but latest by the coming Monday.
I would like to firstly thank you for providing two exceptional candidates, both candidates were everything we asked for within the job specification and I believe that this was the correct approach to recruiting for this position.