Are you leaving the military and thinking about a new career within electrical or electronic engineering? Would you like to join a company who will look after you and value your skills? Do you want to work in a field service role with nationwide travel?
Our client is now looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to join their existing team. Ideal location is the Birmingham area however candidates based in the Midlands will be considered. This role will involve travelling to customer sites nationwide to carry out service, maintenance and commissioning tasks to the companies’ equipment. Please note there does need to be a level of flexibility for this role as you’ll be required to travel and stay away from home extensively with overnight stays.
£35,000 BASIC SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 40 HOURS PER WEEK, £1,200 ANNUAL CALL-OUT PAYMENT, OVERTIME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, RISING TO 28 DAY’S WITH LEVEL OF SERVICE, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, COMPANY VEHICLE – AVAILABLE FOR PERSONAL USE, TOOLS, PRIVATE HEALTHCARE, CREDIT CARD, FULL PRODUCT TRAINING
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites nationwide with occasional travel overseas (1 -2 times per year) including Scandinavia, Ireland, Israel and South Africa.
- Commissioning, installation support and project management of our client’s products.
- Repair, maintain, calibrate and support the client’s products.
- Promote our client’s products including service contracts, spare parts and other products.
- Participate in the on-call rota (one week in every month).
- Train customers in the use of the products products online and with the use of classroom aides.
- Carry out internal repairs to the products and provide technical support to customers.
- Communicate with customers during your visits and ensure their requests are considered favorably.
- Carry out external sales/engineering support, managing your geographical area pro-actively as well as promoting after sales products.
- In-house support such as trials and customer demonstrations.
- Hold vehicle stock and l be personally responsible for the management of this stock.
Field Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must hold a relevant electrical / electronic engineering qualification i.e. HNC, NVQ, City and Guilds Level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous hands-on working knowledge in electrical/electronic engineering including single and three phase electrical systems, sensors, PCB’s.
- Enjoy problem solving as there is a lot of fault finding to board level.
- Knowledge of sensors, electronic controls, scanning systems.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Flexible with regards to travel and overnight stays.
- Full training will be provided on the companies equipment.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
- £35,000 Basic salary.
- Monday - Friday 40 hours.
- £1,200 annual call-out payment.
- Overtime Available.
- 25 day’s holiday plus 8 stats (Rising to 28 days at the two-year point).
- Employer contributory Pension.
- Company Vehicle – Available for personal use.
- Tools provided.
- Private Healthcare.
- Overnight and Overseas expenses.
- Full Product Training.
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK BELOW OR CALL KIM ON 0333 344 5577