Our client is a leading manufacturer of bespoke electronic control equipment. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for an Electronic Support Engineer to join their existing team in East Grinstead, West Sussex. This is a worldwide travel position therefore you must be prepared to travel up to 60% of the time around the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa, you will be travelling and carrying out work on marine vessels so you will need to be flexible.
£COMPETITIVE ANNUAL SALARY, CAR ALLOWANCE, TIME OFF IN LIEU FOR ANY OVERTIME WORKED, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS RISING TO 24 AFTER 4 YEARS SERVICE, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION.
Electronic Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting customer sites to carry out service, repair and maintenance tasks on electrical controls and associated equipment.
- Liaise with customers to ensure that the work is done to their approval and answer any queries they may have.
- Request parts on a timely basis to enable a proper work flow.
- You will also be involved with acceptance trials and training of crew and support staff.
- Assist with interfacing with third party equipment’s, (engine gearbox).
- Ensure that all maintenance logs / engineer job sheets are complete before leaving customer sites.
- Provide technical information and advice on installation issues i.e module positioning, cabling, power supply, set-ups etc to shipyards prior to build if required.
- Operate safely at all times, report any potential or actual incidents of a dangerous nature to customers and to the office.
Electronic Support Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong background in either Electrical / Electronic Engineering and have demonstrable experience within a ‘hands on’ engineering role.
- Must hold a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Strong technical background within a similar role.
- Experience of calibration on electrical systems and replacing modules
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Flexible with regards to travel and overnight stays around the UK, Europe and Africa..
- Logical thinker and enjoy problem solving.
Electronic Support Engineer Benefits:
- £Competitive annual salary.
- Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats rising to 24 days after 4 years.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Company work-wear & PPE provided.
Please apply via the link below or call Emma on 0191 3233893.