Are you an Engineer from a Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force background? Do you have experience mechanical engineering or fitting? Would you like to work for a business who understands your skills, qualifications and understands the value ex-military engineers can offer? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal opportunity for you!
Our client operates an established workshop site in Wakefield and are recruiting for two Mechanical Engineer/Fitters. You will travel to customer sites within the UK on a regular basis to carry out installation, commission and refurbishment of specialised engineering equipment.
£30,000 SALARY, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, £300 MONTHLY SUSTENENCE ALLOWANCE (£3,600 PER ANNUM) EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATUTORY DAYS, COMPANY VAN, FUEL CARD, LIFE INSURANCE
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites nationwide to install and commission new and refurbished equipment.
- Undertake problem solving and fault-finding activities on mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Assist in the building of new equipment in the factory.
- Read and understand hydraulic drawings
- Safe working on cherry-pickers, scaffolding and other platforms in compliance with Working at Height Regulations (WAHR). Training will be given.
- Take care of company measuring equipment and report on any items out of calibration.
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Requirements:
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
- Hydraulic skills with the ability to read and understand hydraulic drawings.
- Experience of fault finding and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of PUWER legislation is advantageous.
- Overseas travel (Up to twice per year)
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Benefits:
- £30,000 Annual Salary.
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Overtime Available.
- Monthly Sustenance Allowance.
- Company Van and Fuel Card.
- Pension Scheme.
- Training Provided.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established company.
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK BELOW OR CALL KIM ON 0333 344 5577