Are you an Engineer from a Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force background? Do you have experience mechanical engineering or fitting? Would you like to work for a business who understands your skills, qualifications and understands the value ex-military engineers can offer? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal opportunity for you!
Our client operates an established workshop site in Wakefield and are recruiting for two Mechanical Engineer/Fitters. You will travel to customer sites within the UK on a regular basis to carry out reactive and planned preventative maintenance to a wide range of specialised manufacturing equipment as well as carrying out assembly activities.
£30,000 SALARY, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, £300 MONTHLY SUSTENENCE ALLOWANCE (£3,600 PER ANNUM) EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATUTORY DAYS, COMPANY VAN, FUEL CARD, LIFE INSURANCE
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites nationwide maintaining and repairing manufacturing machinery as well as box feeders, grinding mills, mixers, extruders, gears, shafts, bearings etc.
- Undertaking fault-finding activities whilst working to engineering drawings to rectify any issues.
- Ensuring assembly work is carried to the required methods and standards.
- Report via job sheets the activities carried out and faults found during servicing.
- Provide installation and commissioning assistance including supervising a team.
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Requirements:
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of stripping down and re-building medium to large mechanical assemblies and equipment.
- Experience of fault finding and diagnostics.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic skills are advantageous.
- Overseas travel (Up to twice per year)
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Field Based) Benefits:
- £30,000 Annual Salary.
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Overtime Available.
- Monthly Sustenance Allowance.
- Company Van and Fuel Card.
- Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established company.
Please apply via link below or call Kim on 0333 344 5577