Are you an engineer from a Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force background?
Do you have experience of working with/maintaining instrumentation?
Would you like to work for a company who understand the skills, qualifications and value ex-military engineers can offer?
If the answer is yes to the above, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
My client is an established manufacturer operating from a top tier COMAH site in Hartlepool. They are now looking for an experienced ex-military instrument engineer to join their team. The successful Senior Instrumentation Engineer will ensure the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of all instrumented systems complies with relevant legislation and will lead, develop and manage the Instrumentation integrity and reliability at the site, sustaining improvements via appropriate monitoring systems and KPIs.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY OFFERED, ANNUAL BONUS, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, PENSION SCHEME WITH GENEROUS EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION, HEALTHCARE SCHEME, ONSITE GYM AND CANTEEN, 27 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, ANNUAL PAY REVIEWS.
Senior Instrumentation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the site complies with relevant legislation, standards and corporate rule regarding the instrument infrastructure and safe systems of work (SSOW).
- Ensure the site maintains an up to date Asset life Plan.
- Interface with external regulatory authorities such as HSE and EA,
- Manage the site instrumentation specification standards so they remain current.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical expertise to other site instrument / electrical engineers and deliver a succession plan for the site.
- Set the site standards for instrumentation and ensure the site fully complies with SSOW through a programme of EHS tools.
- Foster an environment where I/E Continuous Improvement ideas are generated by all relevant personnel and manage their implementation.
- Working with both area and central teams identifying root causes for poor Instrument system performance and instigate changes to address these.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the area teams to ensure that a robust integrity and reliability culture is developed and sustained around the Instrument systems.
Senior Instrumentation Engineer Requirements:
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant engineering degree (foundation level as a minimum for right candidate).
- Proven instrumentation maintenance experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a leader with a strong technical background.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Safe Systems of work, Root Cause Analysis and driving improvements.
Senior Instrumentation Engineer Benefits:
- £Competitive salary.
- Monday to Friday – 38 hours.
- On call allowance (1 in 6 duty).
- Annual bonus (based on site and company performance).
- Company pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Healthcare, onsite gym and canteen.
- Opportunity to join a company who values the skills and qualities ex-military engineers can offer.
To apply, click below or call Joanne Foster on 0333 3445577.