Our client is a leading production facility based in Newbury, Berkshire. They now have a requirement for a Nightshift Multi Skilled Engineer to join their existing team working night shifts to cover their very busy operation within the factory.
SALARY £28,000 - £32,000 + £4,500 SHIFT ALLOWANCE, COMPANY PENSION, 29 DAYS HOLIDAY PER YEAR, 10PM – 6AM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Nightshift Multi Skilled Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks within the factory across a variety of equipment.
- Carrying out planned maintenance tasks.
- Attending breakdowns and ensuring machinery is fixed efficiently to ensure minimum downtime.
- Perform small works on building when needed, carry out tasks relating to facilities maintenance.
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations associated with the equipment and the site.
- Complete maintenance logs, write reports on defects.
Nightshift Multi Skilled Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- You must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level in Engineering Maintenance, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject.
- This is an electrically biased role so ideally the skill split will be around 70% Electrical, 30% Mechanical.
- You must also have experience of fault finding down to component level.
- Knowledge of pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Sound communicator.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible with regards to working permanent nights.
Nightshift Multi Skilled Engineer Benefits:
- £28,000 - £32,000 annual salary plus £4,500 shift allowance.
- Monday to Friday 10pm – 6am.
- 29 days holiday per year.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a well-established business with long term job security.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy – Marine Engineer, British Army – REME / Electrical Technician, Royal Air Force – Aircraft Technician / Ground Support Engineer or similar.