ARE YOU AN EX-MILITARY ENGINEER? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW ROLE WITH A WELL-ESTABLISHED EMPLOYE WHO CAN OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PACKAGE? OUR CLIENT IS RECRUITING FOR A MULTI-SKILLED SHIFT ENGINEER IN ILSIP, NORTHANTS
SALARY £30,000 PLUS £4,000 SHIFT ALLOWANCE, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations.
- Provide breakdown and maintenance support to a wide range of electro-mechanical systems including shuttle and conveyor systems, complex automation and IT interface.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical fault-finding.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and address any concerns.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Provide performance in terms of achieving output, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings.
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment.
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Requirements:
- Candidate must hold a relevant recognised engineering qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
- Multi-skilled engineering background is essential.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
- Infrequent travel to Austria for product training.
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer Benefits:
- Salary £30,000 plus £4,000 Shift Allowance.
- Shift Pattern: Days and nights (6am – 6pm/6pm – 6am) on a rotating fortnightly rota.
- Pension scheme.
- Healthcare plan.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Structured Training programme.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company.