Our client is a leading provider of electronic communication solutions to a number of industries. They now have a requirement for Senior Project Manager to join their existing team in Gateshead. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of defence projects.
£50,000 - £54,000 ANNUAL SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 5PM (FLEXITIME), 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS PLUS COMPANY PENSION
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management, direction and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and on cost, communicating key issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Budgetary accountability for allocated projects.
- Managing the development of new internal products.
- Line management of other defence project professionals.
- Application of rigorous PM techniques including scheduling and milestone accountability as well as risk management and contingency planning.
- Technical delivery of customer specifications.
- Manage, maintain and develop customer relationships which could have an affect on project delivery or success.
- ITAR compliance.
- Support bids or act as a Bid Manager as required.
Senior Project Manager Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong Project Management background, have process knowledge, commercially aware and experience of dealing with technical products and challenges.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Experience in managing the full project lifecycle; Bidding for potential contract, initiating the project, planning the project, execution and controlling the project, delivery of the project, initiating the project, planning, execution and controlling, delivery of the project, closing the project, handing over to warranty and service support.
- Experience in managing multiple remote projects.
- Experience in managing either Transport (Trains) or Defence projects.
- Flexible with regards to travel on occasions.
Senior Project Manager Benefits:
- £50,000 - £54,000 basic annual salary.
- Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm (Flexible working hours).
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable forward-thinking company.
For further information or if you have any questions please call Emma on 0191 3233893