Our client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Building Services Manager to join their team at their site in Luton, Bedfordshire. Due to the nature of the role, the successful Building Services Manager will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, AP ALLOWANCE WHEN APPOINTED, 10% PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, DEATH IN SERVICE, PHI, HEALTH CARE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Building Services Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure the PPM Management System (Planet) is maintained and updated to reflect any changes.
- Carry out quality audit of all services delivered to site – implementing corrective action plan as required.
- Provide technical advice to the onsite team, including management of PPM and reactive tasks.
- Assist Senior Managers with the co-ordination of Service Contracts for the site to ensure value for money along with regulatory, statutory and contractual obligations.
- Effectively manage the maintenance team on site to ensure cost effective delivery of service and implement cost efficiencies where possible.
- Draft and manage site maintenance budgets, offering cost efficiencies and increased profitability where possible.
- Understand expenditure allocation and ensure invoices / works are correctly apportioned.
- Manage reports from Helpdesk and report / act on their results.
- Regular liaison with site occupiers / Service User.
- Ensure PPM system operationally ‘performs’ as per the requirements of the site and the site is maintained and serviced to the correct standard to maintain asset value and statutory compliance.
- Ensure that all on site activities are correctly managed and controlled to ensure zero unplanned downtime to either Service User or business operations.
- Respond to changes in Service User requirements as agreed via the appropriate authorisation process.
- Carry out small works costing and management as required.
- Maintain the fixed asset register of all plant, building services and any associated equipment services.
- Manage the purchase of supplies and stores, materials, spares, and contracted out services to ensure they are undertaken in the most economic and competitive manner, consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
Building Services Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience within a similar role.
- Hold a recognised electrical qualification City & Guilds 236, 2357 Level 3 Electrical or equivalent.
- Hold 17th Edition, Test and Inspect.
- Familiar with Service Level Agreements and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
- Knowledge of building and information management systems.
- Experience of operational maintenance and development.
- IT literate.
- Holds IOSH Managing Safely – Desirable.
- Working knowledge of management systems, including ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Hold full driving licence.
Building Services Manager Benefits:
- £Competitive annual salary.
- AP Allowance when appointed.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours per week.; between core hours of 8am – 6pm.
- 10% Performance Incentive Bonus.
- Company pension scheme.
To apply please click on the link below or call Joanne Foster on 0333 3445577.