Are you an ex-military engineer and looking for a new challenge? Do you have the transferable skills to work on the maintenance and repair of sterilisation and steam systems in a small utilities plant? Are you looking for a company who will value your skills? Our client is now recruiting for a Maintenance Technician at their site in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
SALARY UP TO £38,000 DOE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, PENSION SCHEME, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, TRAINING & WORKING HOURS CAN BE AGREED.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery within a small utilities plant.
- Carry out both planned maintenance and reactive maintenance tasks such as identifying leaks, minor faults and managing specialist contractors.
- Daily running of the plant which is largely automated and predominantly operates autonomously.
- Continuous improvement of the plant and basic housekeeping and calibration of certain instrumentation.- Attend breakdowns and carry out work in a timely and efficient manner to ensure minimum downtime.
- Ensure the maintenance programme is carried out as well as required shutdowns.
- Work with light supervision and source and securing basic supplies.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- You must have a strong electrical or mechanical engineering background with NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent.
- Basic electrical skills (if mechanically bias) or mechanical skills (if electrically bias).
- Process plant operation knowledge including flow, pressure, temperature, level measurement and control.
- Flexible with regards to learning new machinery.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of steam plant would be advantageous.
Maintenance Technician Benefits:
- Up to £38,000 DOE.
- Monday to Friday (Working hours can be agreed).
- Overtime Available.
- 20 days plus 8 stats rising with length of service.
- Pension Scheme.
- Training provided.
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK BELOW OR CALL KIM ON 0333 344 5577