Are you a Multi-Skilled Engineer ideally with electrical bias? Are you seeking a role with a well-established employer that will offer you training? Our client’s recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Engineer in Croydon. The successful candidate will deal with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a logistics environment.
SALARY IS £35,000 PLUS £5,000 SHIFT ALLOWANCE, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
Multi-Skilled Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide breakdown and maintenance support to a wide range of electro-mechanical systems including shuttle and conveyor systems, complex automation and IT interface.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical fault-finding.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and address any concerns.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings.
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment.
Multi-Skilled Engineer Requirements:
- Candidate must hold a relevant recognised engineering qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
- Multi-skilled engineering background is essential.
- Electro-mechanical fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
- Flexible approach to covering overtime, staff holidays, nights and call-outs on an occasional basis.
Multi-Skilled Engineer Benefits:
- Salary £38,000 plus £5,000 Shift Allowance.
- Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday 8-hour days with flexibility to cover call-outs, overtime and nights.
- Pension scheme.
- Healthcare plan.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Structured Training programme.
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK BELOW OR CALL KIM ON 0333 344 5577