Our client based in North Shields, Tyne and Wear is a leading international development company dealing with ship management and integrated logistics support systems. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for a Project Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidates will be responsible for technical authorship of handbooks / systems manuals, logistic support analysis and writing configuration management procedures.
Please note that full training will be provided for this role, although not essential this will ideally suit someone coming from a Royal Navy Weapons Engineer / Royal Navy Marine Engineer / Engineering Technician / Merchant Navy or Royal Fleet Auxiliary background and either mechanical or electrical / electronics’ engineering experience.
CIRCA £33,000 SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY FLEXIBLE WORKING, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, COMPANY PENSION, LIFE INSURANCE, PRIVATE HEALTH AND INCOME PROTECTION INSURANCE
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of duties including;
- Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) and Logistic Support Analysis.
- Configuration Management Procedures.
- Authorship of Planned Maintenance Procedures.
- Production of Illustrated Parts lists and stock inventory details.
- Technical authorship of technical handbooks / system manuals.
- Occasional overseas travel.
Project Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong weapons / marine engineering (Mechanical / Electrical or Electronic engineering background) and have experience as an operator / maintainer in respective discipline.
- Computer literate with reasonable keyboard skills and knowledge of windows / Microsoft packages.
- Strong literacy skills.
- Previous experience in ILS related activities (working knowledge of the principles and practices of DEF-STAN 00-600) would be advantageous but not mandatory, as training will be given.
- Good communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Good organisational skills.
- Full training will be provided with this role.
Project Engineer Benefits:
- Circa £33,000 basic salary.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5.15pm (Flexible working).
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension, life insurance cover, private health cover and income protection insurance.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.