Do you have an ex-military mechanical engineering background? Are you looking for a Service Engineering role that doesn’t involve overnight stays? Have you got experience in air compressors / compressed air systems?
Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for an Air Compressor Service Engineer to join their existing team and be responsible for visiting customer sites to carry out service and maintenance to a wide range of air compressors.
£30,000 - £35,000 SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 4.30PM, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION
Air Compressor Service Engineer Responsibilities:
-You will be tasked from the office every day and required to travel to customer sites around the Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire & North Wales area.
- Carry out an agreed planned schedule of work including the inspection, adjustment, service or repair of air compressors and determine if the equipment is operating at the optimum agreed performance.
- The mechanical and electrical installation of air compressor ability to follow line drawings and layout information. In collaboration with specialist contractors to determine if existing electrical and pipe service are adequate for the installation (Galvanised and Aluminium).
- To size, fault find and to rectify and to bring the equipment back into use or replace.
- Manage paperwork, customer service records and complete job cards, timesheets following any work carried out and any reports are written and provided to the appropriate people.
Air Compressor Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must be qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have experience of working on air compressors.
- Experience of dealing with galvanised and aluminium pipework.
- Dealing with pressures of up to 150psi.
- Understanding of electric motors.
- Ideally you will have a Royal Navy Marine Engineering background or similar.
- Experienced at writing reports and must be computer literate.
Air Compressor Service Engineer Benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000 basic salary.
- Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm.
- Company van.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company mobile plus uniform.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company with the chance to grow.