Are you leaving the military and thinking about a new career within engineering? Would you like to join a company who will look after you and value your skills? Are you looking for a new career in a busy factory environment where you can make the role your own?
Our client is now looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to be based in Manchester, Greater Manchester. This role will involve looking after another engineer and creating and implementing a planned maintenance system in order to ensure the smooth day to day running of the maintenance department.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 6AM & 12AM (ROTATING SHIFTS EARLIES / LATES), 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Carry out day to day maintenance tasks, site repairs and implement effective PPM to assist operations in achieving longevity of maximum effectiveness of equipment.
- You will ensure the maintenance team are visible during all working shifts and you will be responsible for managing critical spares stocks.
- Completion of reactive breakdowns.
- Implementation of an effective PPM system,
- Completion of daily, weekly and monthly PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) routines.
- Completion of daily BMS (Business Management Systems) checks.
- Improving factory OEE through development and innovation of the production facility.
Maintenance Supervisor Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background and have supervisory experience.
- Basic electrical knowledge essential.
- This is a very autonomous role so you must be prepared to take on the maintenance department and make it your own.
- Experience of dealing with contractors and external suppliers.
- Background in running a maintenance team.
- Capable decision maker.
- Experience of dealing with upgrade / modification projects.
Maintenance Supervisor Benefits:
- £Competitive basic salary.
- Rotating shift pattern earlies / lates between 6am – 12am Monday to Friday.
- Overtime available.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company with the chance to grow.