Our client provides total facilities management solutions to several industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Catering Manager to join their team at their site in Gravesend, Kent. The successful Catering Manager will manage and control all catering operations within the site, including management and leadership of the catering team.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Catering Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of the catering services for the site and effectively manage the catering team in their duties to ensure contractual, statutory and QMS compliance for the catering services and to ensure that the services are delivered in line with budgetary requirements.
- Produce excellent food and food service to all customers on time and in accordance with their requirements.
- Ensure the kitchen and service outlets are fully staffed.
- Manage staff rota’s to ensure adequate and appropriate service cover at all times and ensure accurate completion of time sheets and their delivery to the payroll administrator within defined deadlines.
- Ensure catering stock is ordered and to the correct levels, placing orders as required.
- Ensure stock rotation is carried out to the optimum level and there are no breaches to food hygiene and unnecessary waste.
- In line with best practice, to be innovative in devising menus and to provide a varied food offering.
- Understand requirements with respect to dietary and nutritional requirements of patients and to ensure that these are reflected in menus and food preparation.
- Overall responsibility for vending machines and sales (where applicable).
- Ensure that excellent standards of cleanliness and food hygiene are applied to the kitchen, food preparation and food service areas.
- Ensure food preparation, service equipment and food storage areas are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Ensure that staff are full trained in their roles, with particular emphasis on food hygiene.
- Ensure that all resources are managed cost effectively and as a minimum, in line with budget.
- Be prepared to serve food and beverages as required.
- Regular liaison with other facilities staff and departments, site occupiers and service users.
Catering Manager Requirements:
- Hold a Level 3 Catering qualification.
- Proven experience within a similar role.
- Familiar with service level agreements and ability to deliver against these.
- Experience of menu development, including specialist requirements.
- Experience in working to a fixed cost per head menu and costing of same.
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen management and processes/procedures.
- IT literate.
- Hold full driving licence.
- Hold IOSH Managing Safely – desirable.
- Level 3 Food & Hygiene – desirable.
Catering Manager Benefits:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours.
- Company pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
Apply via the link below or call Joanne on 0333 3445577 for further details.