Our client based in Cradley Heath design produce and install specialised plant and equipment for their international customer base. They now require a Production Manager to join their existing team who will be responsible for managing a busy manufacturing environment.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Management and control of all manufacturing and supply orders ranging from supply only to turnkey contracts.
- Control, supervise and hold overall responsibility for 15 - 20 production-based personnel and the working areas.
- Implementation and delivery of on-going training to work-based operatives.
- Manage the administration of the production work areas ensuring these areas are kept in an efficient and controlled fashion at all times.
- Management and control of all fixed and mobile plant and equipment and site vehicles (owned or hired) ensuring all comply with current legislation.
- Produce and maintain a ‘live time’ contract planner and order schedule.
- Liaise with sales departments ensuring estimates of works can be realised in the most cost-effective way without compromising on quality or safety.
- Liaison with customers to ensure their expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Implement contract management policies and procedures to ensure the GMP of contracts is achieved and bettered if possible.
- Cost control throughout contracts in live time.
- Scheduling of weekly production activity and weekly/monthly production planning meetings for the benefit of the production team.
Production Manager Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong background in an engineering/construction/workshop environment.
- Operations/Production/Manufacturing management or similar experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Be confident, organised and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards..
- Ability to communicate to managers and staff and clients in a professional and firm manner.
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business.
Production Manager Benefits:
- Up to £45,000 annual salary depending on experience.
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm – Flexibility required.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company Pension.