Our client is an established manufacturer of marine equipment. They provide equipment and engineering services to a range of sectors including the Oil and Gas industry worldwide. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a Control Systems Engineer to join their team at their site in Whitstable, Kent. The successful Control Systems Engineer will undertake the design and support of electro hydraulic control systems. Candidates must be flexible in their approach to travel as you will be required to travel overseas occasionally.
Control Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and detailing of the electro/hydraulic control systems for the company range of products for the transfer of fluids and gases.
- Review of project specifications, design and production of electrical and hydraulic schematics, field wiring and PLC programming.
- Attend pre-contract meetings and be involved throughout the manufacture, testing and commissioning phases of the projects which will involve overseas travel.
- Utilise skills incorporating S.I.L, PLC/DCS communications, Atex / Hazardous area classification with familiarity of OCIMF specification and production of Bills of Materials.
- Provide in-house assistance and technical support to internal departments and engineers on site.
- Liaison with Service Department / Field Engineers for fault finding / rectification.
- Represent the company technically and play a significant role in developing systems to provide a first-class service to the company’s customer base.
- Work with sales on proposal efforts including completing project scopes.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and / or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
Control Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Background in the oil and gas industry would be advantageous.
- Hydraulic system design experience preferred.
- Experience of working with Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC systems.
- Experience of working with hazardous area equipment, ATEX, IECEX and NEC codes.
- Experience of SIL systems is desirable.
Control Systems Engineer Benefits:
- £Attractive Salary.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours per week.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.