Our client is a leading marine communications specialist based in Southampton, Hampshire. They are now recruiting for a Marine Electronics Service Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing, maintenance and repair of specialist marine communications equipment on board marine vessels.
BASIC SALARY £30,000, OTE £35,000 - £40,000, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, HEALTHCARE + LIFE ASSURANCE, OVERTIME PAID BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE MAY INVOLVE OVERNIGHT STAYS & WORKING UNSOCIABLE HOURS
Marine Electronics Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Carry out service, repair and maintenance tasks across a variety of marine communications and navigational equipment on board marine vessels.
- Keep abreast of technical, legislative and marketing developments relative to the company’s products and to recommend steps required.
- Liaise with team members, agents, shipyards and customers and to provide technical advice, drawings and instructions, as required, for the economical, efficient and correct installation and use of company products.
- Aware of all safety procedures on board any vessel or structure on which you may be working and comply with these at all times.
- Be aware of operational procedures on board any vessel or structure on which you may be working and to adopt a responsible attitude coexistent with your position whilst on the vessel or structure.
- Ensure that all work is of a high standard and in accordance with the company’s quality assurance manual and procedures.
- Recommend improvements to the efficiency, methods, materials and equipment of the company’s technical; and engineering services.
- Ensure the security and correct usage of all company property and materials.
- Flexible with regards to working extra hours, often unsociable hours but in return you will receive overtime.
Marine Electronics Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a strong electrical / electronics engineering background.
- Experienced with marine communications and navigational aids.
- Ability to fault find down to component level.
- Flexible with regards to working unsociable hours, UK travel and overnight stays.
- Logical thinker and ability to problem solve.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Marine Electronics Service Engineer Benefits:
- £30,000 Basic Salary, OTE £35,000 - £40,000.
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm – 37.5 hours per week.
- Company vehicle plus mobile, tools and equipment.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension, healthcare plus life assurance.