Our client is a specialist manufacturer of bespoke equipment. They install, service and maintain their equipment throughout the UK. Due to continued growth and expansion they are now recruiting for a Field Service Engineer with Electronic engineering bias to join their team in the North. The successful Field Service Engineer will travel to customer sites in the North, Scotland and when required in the South and will carry out PPM’s, repairs and installations to the highest level of customer service and in line with agreed KPIs.
SALARY IS CIRCA £35,000 (DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE), PLUS 10% BONUS, COMPANY CAR, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, PPE, TOOLS, EXPENSES PAID. HOLIDAYS ARE 25 DAYS + BANK HOLIDAYS RISING TO 28 DAYS AFTER 1 YEARS’ SERVICE.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan and carry out Preventative Maintenance activities detailed in service contracts, calibrations and complete all relevant documents / admin in CRM according to the KPIs designated by the Service Manager.
- Plan and execute instrument repairs at customer sites (or if required in the workshop) and complete all relevant documents / admin in CRM in accordance with the KPI designated by the Service Manager.
- Achieve a high first-time fix rate and return any warranty parts to Head Office as necessary.
- Carry out installations as requested by Sales Dept and complete all relevant documents / admin in CRM.
- Support colleagues with peak workload in terms of planned maintenance and emergency repairs. Be responsive to requests from Team Leader / Service Manager to support other geographical territories. This may also include support with installations, customer training and ad-hoc activities.
- Fully support the direction and instructions provided by the Team Leader and to work collaboratively with colleagues ensuring that company standards are maintained at all times.
- Attend Technical / Product training courses as directed by the Service Manager and use all technical literature, schematics, and manuals in conjunction with engineering skill set.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- You will hold ONC/HNC in Electronics & Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven electromechanical skills with experience of carrying out equipment maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Understanding of pneumatics.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Flexible approach – able to stay away from home overnight when required.
- IT literate.
- Hold full UK driving licence.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
- Salary is Circa £35,000 depending on skills and experience.
- 10% Bonus Scheme paid annually.
- Company car, mobile phone, laptop, tools, PPE provided.
- All expenses covered.
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 1 complete years’ service + 8 statutory days.
- Comprehensive product training provided.
- Opportunity to join an established, reputable and growing company.