Our well-established client is involved in providing services to the marine industry. They now have a requirement for a Senior Deckhand to join their team in Woolwich.
£ATTRACTIVE SALARY, 20% OVERTIME UPLIFT, PENSION, LOCAL PAY ENHANCMENTS, HIGHER LEVEL DUTIES ALLOWANCE, TRAINING AVAILABLE.
Senior Deckhand Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise the safe loading and unloading of vehicles and foot passengers from the terminal and vessel.
- Ensure all deck crew execute their duties and responsibilities (routine inspections) to a high standard.
- Also act as Mate and assume all duties of the Mate with authorisation and direction of the Captain.
- Ensure daily safety inspections of vessels, secure spaces, passenger areas, safety equipment and stock.
- Accurately count vehicle and foot passengers from the deck reporting figures to the Bridge before each trip.
- Take immediate action in the event of emergencies/malfunctions according to operating procedures including where required, use of life saving appliances and rescue boats.
- Ensure the safe mooring and unmooring of vessels.
- Report damage to the vessel, personal injuries of crew and any environmental incidents.
- Coordinate deckhand and terminal cover including the transfer of resources from the other vessel.
- Supervise the Deckhands in the general operation of ferry and linkspans.
- Ensure deckhands complete routine inspections of the vessels and general maintenance in accordance with the OPM.
- Support the management of staff performance, conduct, training and development.
Senior Deckhand Applicant Requirements:
- Holds a minimum of STCW ’95 II/1 EOOW certificate.
- Hold level 1 tier 2 Boat master’s licence for cat D, UK inland waterways and local knowledge endorsement.
- Valid ML5 Seafarer’s medical certificate or equivalent.
- STCW 95 Certificates: Efficient Deckhand, Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Fighting and Prevention and First Aid.
- Strong working background within marine engineering and Marine Safety Management Systems and regulatory safety requirements.
- Deckhand experience on a large passenger vessel, safe loading/unloading of vehicles and foot passengers.
- In-depth and in date maritime regulatory knowledge and application.
- Up to date in MCA competent crew familiarisation.
- Operational Safety Management system.
Senior Deckhand Benefits:
- £Attractive Salary Pro Rata.
- 20% Overtime Uplift.
- Pension, Local Pay Enhancements, Higher Level Duties Allowance.
- Training Available.
- 36 hours per week (5-week shift pattern).