Our client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industries within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for an electrically biased Buildings Services Engineer to join their team. The successful Buildings Services Engineer (Electrical) will provide a comprehensive and responsive maintenance service across the site. Candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS £COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, AP ALLOWANCE (WHEN APPOINTED), HOLIDAYS + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Buildings Services Engineer (Electrical) Responsibilities:
- Carry out skilled electrical maintenance work and minor repairs.
- Assist with maintenance duties such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Report any accidents, trips, spills, hazards or near misses in accordance with procedures and guidance.
- Ensure that areas of work (workshops etc.) are at all times maintained in a health and safe manner.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Supervise direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- Where required, be responsible for the completion and issue of Permit to Works.
- Undertake stock taking and reporting as required and maintain accurate records of stock levels.
- Review the asset list and PPM schedule as required and to follow up as instructed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site teams.
- Work effectively with all other internal and external teams.
- Be familiar with the Service Provision Agreement/Service Contracts for the sites.
Buildings Services Engineer (Electrical) Requirements:
- Hold an Electrical Engineering qualification; including 17th Edition (or equivalent).
- Must hold electrical test and inspection.
- Proven experience within a facilities/building services environment.
- Familiar with Service Level Agreement and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
- Customer focused approach and the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to motivate others
- Flexible approach to working hours and the requirement to participate in a call out rota.
- IT literate.
Buildings Services Engineer (Electrical) Benefits:
- Salary £Competitive.
- Monday to Friday - 37½ hours per week.
- Callout and AP Allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Holidays + 8 bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.