Our well-established client is involved in providing services to the marine industry, now have a requirement for two Technical Engineering Officers to join their team in Woolwich. You’ll be based onshore providing first response mechanical and electrical support and planned maintenance for diesel electric hybrid ships. You’ll also supervise a small team of technical support officers, contractors and manufacturers.
£ATTRACTIVE SALARY, 35 DAYS HOLIDAY INCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS, SHIFT PATTERN, PENSION, PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS, CAR PARKING, TRAINING AVAILABLE.
Technical Engineering Officer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical upkeep of ferry service assets, their safe operation through the provision of first line mobile technical and engineering support for vessels and plant, including remote monitoring control systems and routine and planned maintenance.
- Remote monitoring of the running vessel’s performance providing safety assurances to the Captain to proceed with start/shutdown and technical support and guidance throughout the vessels’ running time in the event of automation deviations in vessel propulsion, linkspans and auto-mooring and the re-setting of alarms.
- First line response in the event of any technical issues, requiring the interrogation of appropriate control systems, undertake physical inspections, identify cause and make sound technical recommendations for rectification; where necessary liaison with third parties.
- Conduct periodic checks and adherence to all routine maintenance requirements in accordance with the planned maintenance system and coordinate necessary resources for timely completion of PPM work (including, weekly/periodic mechanical/electrical/equipment inspections, rescue boat – davit and workboats, engine oil and oil filter changes, DFR, SCR, cooling pumps, heating systems, machinery lubrication, general site repairs and pile guides).
- Assist with managing the preparation of vessels for dry dock and major special works and supervise externally contracted engineering works for the timely completion and quality assurance.
- Understand and comply with emergency procedures and designate responsibilities in line with the ISM code and emergency procedures.
- Assist in running trials of the vessels as required.
Technical Engineering Officer Applicant Requirements:
- Holds a minimum of STCW ’95 II/1 EOOW certificate.
- Strong working background within marine engineering.
- Marine Safety Management Systems and regulatory safety requirements.
- Ability to maintain/fault find on modern diesel electric systems and diagnostic tools, carry out auxiliary plant repairs and maintenance and use electronic planned maintenance systems.
- Electrical, electronic and control engineering knowledge with experience of PLC systems.
- Team and supplier performance supervision and quality control.
- Technical stores management.
- Prepared to work onshore.
- Hold medical clearance.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- IT Literate.
Technical Engineering Officer Benefits:
- £Attractive Salary Pro Rata.
- 40 hours per week, early and late shifts.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.