Our client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industries within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now looking for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) at their site in Bury St Edmunds. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS £COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, AP ALLOWANCE (WHEN APPOINTED), BONUS INCENTIVE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) Responsibilities:
- Carry out skilled electrical maintenance work and minor repairs.
- Assist with maintenance duties such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Report any accidents, trips, spills, hazards or near misses in accordance with procedures and guidance.
- Ensure that areas of work (workshops etc.) are at all times maintained in a health and safe manner.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Supervise direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the completion and issue of Permit to Works.
- Undertake stock taking and reporting as required and maintain accurate records of stock levels.
- Review the asset list and PPM schedule as required and to follow up as instructed.
- Act as a Competent Person in areas in which the job holder is required to do so. Specifically, CP (LV), CP Air Conditioning; and acting as lead person for Legionella Awareness.
- Process purchase order request on the Company’s systems, in line with Company policy.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site teams – including Project Co. and Service Users.
- Work effectively with all other internal and external teams.
- Attend monthly Monitoring Meetings and any others as required and appropriate.
- Be familiar with the Service Provision Agreement/Service Contract for the site.
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) Requirements:
- Hold an Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Experience within a supervisory/team leader role.
- Proven experience within a facilities/buildings services environment.
- Familiar with Service Level Agreement and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
- Customer focused approach and the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to motivate others
- Flexible approach to working hours – able to participate in a 1 in 3 on call rota.
- IT literate.
- Hold full driving licence.
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) Benefits:
- Salary £Competitive.
- Monday to Friday - 37½ hours per week, 8.30am – 4.30pm.
- AP Allowance (when appointed).
- £100 per week on call allowance
- 5% performance incentive scheme.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.