Our client is a leading design and manufacturer of complex security and communications equipment. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for a Surveillance Field Systems Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out pre-installation ship surveys and site surveys, commissioning and completing service reports.
Please note that this role involves travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. You may also be needed to travel at short notice. In return for your flexibility the company offers a fantastic salary, benefits package and there is also an opportunity to earn overtime.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company. Although not essential, this could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) with a proven background on working with surveillance / radar systems.
- Conduct setting to work, Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance and Sea Acceptance test for Naval and Security Systems.
- Carry out service interventions as directed by the Surveillance Support team.
- Carry out pre-installation ship surveys and site surveys in order to produce detailed reports.
- Participate in SBS, Naval and Security Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities.
- Complete short training courses as part of a setting to work / commissioning exercise as required.
- When required participate in technical meetings and provide a technical liaison with Sales team / customers.
- Whilst on board vessels be vigilant in observing any additional necessary work.
- Communicate effectively with line management any information relating to technical issues.
- Familiarise and observe all Health and Safety rules and regulations during working hours.
- Act in a professional manner in the presence of customers and maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive product information. Ensuring that conduct and presentation are maintained to the required standard at all times.
- Completing Service reports and other documentation to the standard required by Line Management in a timely manner.
- Carry out any special projects or tasks as agreed with line management.
- On occasions be prepared to work in excess of the normal 37 hour week or anti-social hours whilst observing contractual obligations.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- The successful candidate must have a strong electronic / electrical engineering background and ideally hold HND or similar in either Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of radar and surveillance equipment.
- Flexible with regards to overnight stays and travel overseas.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Valid UK Passport.
- Experienced with heights of up to 40 metres.
- IT literate - intermediate level in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time-management whilst flexibly prioritising, planning and monitoring own activity, performance and progress.
- Innovative thinker able to look at different solutions to business and operational problems.
- Hold full driving licence.
- £competitive salary.
- Monday – Friday 37 hours.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension, life assurance, health insurance.
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join a large and well established business.