Demob Job Reference: J3134
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer (German Speaking)
Location: Central / East Germany (Travel Nationwide)
Salary: £Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Our client based in West Sussex is a rapidly expanding business. They manufacture a unique product and are a leader in their industry internationally. Due to continued expansion they now have an immediate requirement for a Technical Support Engineer (German Speaking). Working from home and travelling to client’s sites all over Germany, the successful candidate will provide technical support to new and existing customers. The successful candidate will liaise with customers and dealer networks providing technical engineering support and assistance in order to develop and maintain their bespoke product. Please note due to the nature of the role the candidate will be required to live and travel all around Germany, therefore you must be flexible in your approach to work.
Although it is not essential suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces background i.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), Royal Air Force (Technician) (RAF) and Army (REME), especially those with mechanical engineering experience are encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate will attend customer sites to assess installation requirements, carry out and produce technical specifications of systems for manufacturing processes.
- Install and commission relevant systems and equipment onsite ensuring client requirements are met within the required timescale.
- Ensure company installation standards are maintained.
- Ensure site visits are carried out and all works comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Provide onsite technical support as and when required.
- Trouble-shooting and technical support in-service.
- Scheduled servicing and maintenance of the client’s products.
- Liaison with customers both face to face and on the telephone providing technical support.
- Liaise with customers with regards to the modification to products and conduct any training explaining the changes.
- Use technical knowledge to the best of your ability to maximise every opportunity.
- Provide guidance to customers and advise on the best possible solution.
- To be conversant with, and comply with, the health and safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- The successful candidate must hold strong fluency in German (Spoken and written).
- Must come from an engineering background with adaptable technical capability.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- IT Literate.
- Flexible approach to work and travel.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Agricultural engineering background, specifically with dairy machinery.
- £Competitive Salary.
- Mobile, Company Vehicle, Computer and equipment provided to carry out duties.
- Travel and fuel expenses covered by the client.
- Performance Bonus Available.
- 35 hours per week Mon – Fri, with flexibility.
- 20 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- Training on company products in the UK will be provided.
- Opportunity to join a successful, rapidly-expanding company.