My client is a leading provider of electrical products; they install and commission these products throughout the UK in a range of industries including utilities and rail. They are now recruiting for an Account Manager to join their team in the South. Reporting to the UK Commercial Manager the successful candidate will support and develop relationships with customers in the region. This will involve ensuring the delivery of existing contracts runs to the highest standards along with developing and delivering new sales and technical commercial proposals. The main focus is on LV equipment with fault finding technology.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force (RAF), especially those with an electrical / electronic background with experience of managing contracts/accounts within the rail or utilities sectors.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts.
- Support key customer existing contracts and the delivery of proposals to new customers.
- Sell new products, concepts, services and ways of working. Provide appropriate product demonstrations.
- Co-ordinate customer training and follow up including on-site visits.
- Participate in site surveys and site meetings.
- Travel within the UK, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Hold an Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification ideally to HNC/HND level.
- Demonstrable experience in a technical sales role preferably within an electrical utility or rail industry.
- Must have strong customer service skills, able to interact confidently with customers and provide training on equipment and products.
- Strong commercial & financial awareness background.
- Experience in staff management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to interface at all levels
- Flexible approach to work – willing to travel, stay away from home overnight and work unsocial hours when required.
- IT literate – Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- 3rd Level Degree in relevant discipline.
- Technical skills and knowledge of LV switchgear and automated power systems.
- Experience using Sales Force IT systems.
- Experience of working in power systems below 1000V or within similar electrical engineering sector.
- £Competitive salary offered.
- Company car, mobile phone and laptop provided.
- 21 days plus 10 bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.